9 Benefits Of Driving A Hybrid Car In Singapore
People around the world are becoming more mindful of how things we use every day affect our planet. We are realising that there are many things both big and small that we can do to help reduce our carbon footprint. Some of the ways we can help the environment involve recycling and reducing. But how about something bigger?
Making the switch to driving a hybrid car is an excellent step to take if you are looking to do more than just separate plastic and paper. There is a certain amount of misconception surrounding hybrid vehicles. Additionally, many people may feel that they do not have enough information on the benefits of driving a hybrid car.
Before we discuss the benefits of driving a hybrid car in Singapore, let’s take a look at what exactly is a hybrid car and how does it work. Once the facts are better understood, the benefits will become clearer.
What Is A Hybrid Car?
In the simplest form, a hybrid car uses an engine that is part petrol, and part green source, an electric motor. Both of these sources connect to the transmission. This way both parts can be used when it is most beneficial. The transmission can still be automatic, manual or CVT. Since the electric motor does some of the work some of the time, the car will automatically use less gas. Using less gas is better for your wallet and the environment.
How Does A Hybrid Car Work?
Hybrid cars are all manufactured with a high-voltage battery pack, separate from the conventional battery. The electricity is captured and used for driving when the car is braking. This happens through the use of a regenerative braking system.
When a car is being decelerated, there is typically energy that is lost in the form of heat. This energy is captured and used to fuel the car.
Benefits Of Driving A Hybrid Car
Now that we understand the basic principles of how a hybrid vehicle works, let’s take a look some of the benefits of driving a hybrid car in Singapore.
- The first benefit worth noting is that hybrid cars come in all different sizes. It is easy to find a model that meets your needs. If you have a big family or prefer a car with more cargo space, there is the Honda Shuttle Hybrid 1.5. Otherwise, most hybrid models will suit your needs.
- Great design of hybrid cars is another factor to consider. Since sustainability is a world-wide focus, companies spend a great deal on developing their hybrid cars. You can be assured that the hybrid car you choose, is up to date and contains the newest features in the interior and the exterior.
- Understandably, consumers are wary of the safety of the lithium-ion batteries. Car manufacturers have taken this into account when their hybrid car. Precautions are taken as to where the battery is placed, the cooling speed and the quality of the battery. This all ensures a seamless driving experience for the consumer.
- Since hybrid vehicles are the newest models, they contain the latest technology. This can include everything from smart temperatures sensors for climate control to wireless charging pads.
- There is a substantial rebate offered by the Land Transport Authority. From 2018 onwards, the Vehicular Emission Scheme offers rebates to consumers who purchase cars that emit less pollutants and hybrids tend to fall in this category. The amount of your VES rebate depends on the type of hybrid you purchase and how well it manages emissions. If you purchase a regular car, there’s a high chance of you having to pay a surcharge.
- Lower emissions mean cleaner air. Driving a hybrid means that your vehicle produces much less emissions. And lower emissions are the one thing we can do to help ensure the air we breathe is cleaner. Since hybrids can cut emissions by up to 90%, this means much less smog in the city. Plus driving our Honda Fit Hybrid 1.5 is a good, clean and fast way to get around town.
- The electric engines in a hybrid help keep maintenance costs down. The electric engines help to put less wear and tear on the engine This saves you maintenance costs since a hybrid vehicle can go for 100,000 miles before needing a tune-up.
- Driving a hybrid guarantees that you will have instant torque. This means that you do not have to wait for the engine to rev when you push on the gas, the electric motor ensures that your hybrid is always ready to go when you push the accelerator.
- Hybrid cars never idle and idling causes environmental issues This is because cities look to reduce their smog and air pollution. When you are driving a hybrid car and come to a stop, the engine automatically shuts off and switches to electric. In cities around the world, this is an effective way to combat emissions problems.
Since Singapore is one of the world’s most densely populated cities, we need to take the steps necessary to achieve and maintain optimal air quality. This is achieved by reducing emissions and eliminating smog.
Hybrid cars today are designed with an eye for detail and comfort. Since manufacturers are at the forefront of designing hybrids, they pay great attention to detail. Today’s hybrid cars are available in a variety of sizes to meet your needs. And the vehicles include great amenities such as smart temperature settings and wireless charging pads.
Driving a hybrid vehicle can be a huge step in combating air pollution. Hybrid cars use less gas, have better fuel consumption and when you stop, they switch from the gas engine to the electric one. This effectively shuts down emissions escaping into the air. Hybrid cars are never idling when they are stopped.
Buying a hybrid car is a pleasant experience and such cars have come a long way in terms of technology and design. There is a good range of models and styles available to choose from. With great maintenance records, fabulous designs and environmentally friendly engines, your city will thank you for choosing a hybrid.